Friday, September 20, 2019

Kaikohe Festival


 This Thursday, the Paihia School Kapa Haka roopu went to the Kaikohe Cultural festival to represent Paihia School. Paihia School hasn't been there for 18 years. When we got there it was nearly time for us to perform, so our tutors gave as information about what was going to happen because our actual performance was different from the dress rehearsal. While there was another performance happening we were waiting for them to finish so we could perform on stage. After a while we were called on stage to perform. It was very scary as we got on stage because my Aunties, Uncles, siblings and parents were watching my group and me. What I think I did well was lots of smiling. What I need to work on next time is slowing down my karanga. I learnt self discipline and not to be shy as I perform.

No comments:

Post a Comment